he purpose of Victory City is to improve the quality of life for thousands of people and, in the words of Victory City inventor Orville Simpson II, "to keep the human race going." The word "victory" and the idea behind Victory City itself represents and commemorates the victory of truth over mythology, progress over stagnation, science over superstition, prosperity over depression, conservation over wastefulness, beauty over ugliness, serenity over tensions, enchantment over drabness, wealth over squalor, cleanliness over dirtiness, efficiency over inefficiency, success over failure, convenience over inconvenience, comfort over discomfort, security over insecurity, and happiness over unhappiness.
Benefits for Residents
Residents of Victory City will enjoy a staggering list of benefits, including:
- Free city services such as fire and police departments, city maintenance, and educational facilities due to the fact that there will be no city taxes.
- Minimal risk of theft and crime due to the fact that no one carries real money, and police will monitor closed-circuit TV's throughout the city.
- Stress-free commuting from home to office in a matter of minutes due to the fact that residents can walk from the residential buildings to the commercial, cafeteria, industry and transportation buildings, no driving necessary.
- Fewer health care concerns due to the fact that the rent all residents pay covers health insurance. The elimination of the insurance company's sales department will greatly reduce insurance costs.
- More free time for everyone due to the fact that no one needs to cook for themselves. Large cafeterias will feed everyone in the city, and at least one cafeteria will be open all night.
- Less pollution due to the fact that Victory Cities will be located in the country, surrounded by farmland, far away from industrial contaminants and emissions. Also, elevators will replace automobiles as the primary form of transportation, so air pollution will be greatly reduced.
- Better conservation of land and natural resources due to Victory City's efficient use of building space and surrounding acreage.
Huge Savings for Victory City
The cost of operating a Victory City is estimated to be about 1/10th the cost of operating a traditional, modern-day city. For a comprehensive breakdown of municipal operating costs for a Victory City compared to present-day cities, please see the Financial Comparisons page.
In addition, because of its compact and efficient design, a Victory City would accommodate a larger number of people in a smaller geographic area, with less waste and less overhead. This means that the Victory City plan would eliminate 95-100% of the following:
- Streets and sidewalks
- Parking lots, garages and meters
- Telephone poles and wires
- Electric cables and transformers
- TV cables
- Fire hydrants
- Traffic lights and signs
- Railroad crossings
- Street lights
- Repair shops and maintenance costs for all types of government-owned vehicles (see below)
- Water mains
- Gas pipes
- Sewers and sewer lines
|FLEETS OF GOVERNMENT-OWNED VEHICLES
- Garbage trucks
- Salt trucks
- Snow removal trucks
- Postal delivery vehicles
- School buses
- Fire trucks and fire houses
- Streetcars and buses
- Police cars
- Taxi cabs
- Vehicles and equipment for street repair (broken water mains, gas pipes, filling potholes and repaving streets, etc.)
|ALSO 90% ELIMINATED
- Auto, truck, van, etc., traffic and travel
- Air pollution from vehicles
- Traffic accidents and related costs
- Commuter time spent traveling from point to point
Victory City Tour |
Residents Guide |
Media Coverage |
About the Inventor |
Investors Wanted |
Table of Contents |
Related Links |
Copyright © 1998-2007 by Orville Simpson II
3939 Erie Avenue, Apt. #1020 Cincinnati, Ohio 45208
Phone: (513) 871-9571 Fax: (513) 871-3596
All rights reserved. No part of this website, including page content, graphics or overall layout/design, may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the written permission of the author.